Providing Academic Excellence to a Diverse Student Body in a Christian Environment
The Library is the “Heart” of the School
With this in mind, the mission of the Bishop Noland Episcopal Day School Library’s program is:
- To foster a life long love of learning by providing instruction, intellectual and physical access to all formats of materials.
- Stimulate an interest in reading, viewing, and using various formats, recognizing that each child has different gifts, talents, and abilities.
- Work with educators to design the best strategies to meet the needs of the individual student.
- Collaborate with teachers in all content areas.
- Collaborate with other librarians in both public and non-public schools.
- Develop the EDS Library Club to be a tool for outreach to both the students in our school as well as those in our community.
AR TESTING AT HOME WILL CONTINUE THIS SUMMER
Pre-K-4th grade – Create your own personal reading log of 10 books or more you have read. If available, participate in the Summer Reading Program at your local public library. **Bonus: Turn in your reading log in August to receive a treat by Mrs. Clemmons.
Incoming 7th Grade:
- Letter to incoming 7th Grade
- EDS Book Report Form
- One book from the list of American authors. See list:
- Jack London
- Mark Twain
- Louisa May Alcott
- John Steinbeck
- Henry James
- O. Henry
- Jack Shaefer
- Stephen Crain
- L.M. Montgomery
- Ernest Hemingway
- Henry David Thoreau
- Isaac Asimov
- Nathaniel Hawthorne
- Pearl S. Buck
- Ray Bradbury
- James Fenimore Cooper
- Willa Cather
- Washington Irvin
- Maya Angelou
- Herman Melville
- Tennessee Williams
- H.G. Wells
- One book from the 6-8 Grade, 2020 Louisiana Young Reader’s Choice or 9-12 Grade Teen Readers’ Choice book list.
- LYRC LIST and TEEN CHOICE LIST
Mon – Fri : 7:45am – 3:30pm
Sat – Sun : Closed